Saturday, June 29, 2013

Settling In


I’m settling into a routine, which is much helped by the routine set by the ship itself. Breakfast is served from 7:00-8:30, lunch from 11:30 to 1:30, and dinner from 5:30-7:30. Lisa works in the library in the morning and I take over after lunch. I use my morning hours to meet with faculty and staff, work on presentations, troubleshoot whatever needs trouble-shot, catch up on email, etc. The morning hours are never wasted, it seems. Although Glazer Lounge, for faculty and staff only, does provide a quiet and pleasant escape in which to work, I prefer the pool deck. In the mornings there isn’t a lot going on there, and it’s shady, and there are great views of the sea. 



Afternoons in the library are busybusybusy. In addition to our regular habitués, there is a constant stream of students looking for information for their assignments, checking out reserve books (two-hours only), flipping through travel guides (must stay in the library) planning their adventures in our next port, printing papers, or just quietly reading. I have to say, I’ve not had this much fun working in a library in years!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment